Tuesday, July 3, 2007

thuest!!!!!

For about the thirty seventh time this summer, i debate, in classic Friar Tuck fashion, as i recollect the image of that woman in the bus leaning across me to bless the road with a red shower, about taking the real effort to organize a clean-up drive at least in my neighborhood. and about Sounding Off in the Metro(always the optimist, assuming the article is accepted) about the next-to-zero civic sense in our country, or at least the people I see everyday in the bus, in the train, on the roads, how utterly uncivilized people can be, spewing saliva every which way like it’s their birthright.
It makes me seethe to see some dude all nicely dressed, company tag sticking out of his shirt pocket, spit oh-so-casually on the road. why, why??? do they run to the wash basin in their offices, homes, every so often, too??? I long to tell these people exactly what I think of them, but coward that I am, want is as far as that goes. Cos im scared of the fluent local tongue-lashing that would invite, and which will positively include more than mere civic sense. and so i content myself with giving them the most repulsed, revolted, disgusted, scornful look i can muster. and ob, whoever the look is meant for wont bother and some others give me this funny look and with a sigh, rearrange my face, jus wishing the whole thing wouldnt bother me so. And sometimes I think I should pull out my I-card, flash it for a nanosecond and pretend im from some clean-up squad and can levy fines on those shameless losers(and no, idea aint original, got it from tht chetan bhagat book, the call center one). But yes, god, the whole idea is laughable. Ludicrously ridiculous. As if anybody would give a rat’s ass about why some depraved anniyan-wannabe girl half their age is kicking up a fuss over the normal, accepted our-city-is-our-dustbin non-issue. which jus makes me wonder- does it take a psycho alter of some mpd patient to make ppl sit up n do somethin abt this?? in fact, they only have to NOT do something, thats how easy it is!! is anybody listening though :( like blog 1, again im hoping for a yes

10 comments:

Vidya said...

u read ma mind girl!! nice 1..

Vidya said...

ok so is there SOMETHING that v can do? u kno some asshole yelled at me whn i commented(i jus cant keep my mouth shut, u kno it) abt how he went on d wrong side of d road n he was honkin as tho it wasnt his fault at all.. now am not all tht brave.. this city n language scares me!

Oink said...

nice one ... very well written :)

Oink said...

n i just noticed, ironic title ! :P

fiddlesticks said...

pun intended :D

why_not_socks said...

heavily into blogging eh ?? this one---awsomest! cheers

Vanhelsing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanhelsing said...

"depraved anniyan-wannabe girl" 4 u ppl !!.. :D .. pretty strong resentment ...brought out well!!... gud goin!!...

Darwinci said...

Nice one!!!
Perfect title!!![:)]

Nimit said...

well nice post and thats what blogging is for you .... what you cannot do alone .... write and let the world know ..... keep writing :)